The ensemble of Hazrat Imam
The ensemble of Hazrat Imam was generated on the tomb of the known scientist, the expert on the Quran and Hadis, the poet, handicraftsman Hazret Imam. According to historical data he was buried in the territory of one of the present Tashkent areas named Sebzar. All district in Sebzar parts of an old city have received the name of Hazrat Imom named after sheikh.
The basis of the ensemble was Barak-Khan Madrassah in XVI century. It has rallied in a uniform complex two mausoleums XV-XVI of centuries - Anonymous and the Sujunidzh-khan. Besides here there is a library of eastern manuscripts. Also, the Tashkent mosque of the Tillja-sheikh operating to this day (XIX century) is opposite madrassah to the Barrack-khan.
The Hazrat Imam ensemble enters into an architectural monument of XVI century, the mausoleum constructed over a tomb of a spiritual figure of Mohammed Abu-Bekra Kaffal-Shashi. This mausoleum of a squared shape finishes a composition a dome on a cylindrical a bit narrowed drum. It is necessary to notice that in an ancient part of the mausoleum walls remain tiled intact burnt brick and belts of majolical inscriptions.
The mausoleum of Kaffal-Shashi contains a rare decor for Tashkent a majolica of XVI century with a historical inscription. It includes names of an architect and a calligrapher, and also erection date - 1541-1542.
In 40 meters from the mausoleum of Kaffal Shashi is placed earlier created mosque-namazgoh. It is also was included into ensemble of Hazret Imam. It was constructed by Kokand khan Mirza Ahmed Kushbegi in 1856-57. This is a rectangular construction blocked by 12 domes. In 1970 in the court of the bulding yard opened Islamic institute of imam Al-Bukhari. In 2007 the one-storeyed building was taken down, and on its place the building of Islamic institute was constructed
Into the complex of Hazrat Imam entered and madrassah Mui-Muborak which is translated as (gold hair or a mustache of the prophet Muhammad. There is all over the world known Quran of the Osman caliph in this madrassah. It is the primary source of a sacred bound book which has been written in the middle of VII century on a skin of a deer. Nowadays remained only 4 copies of such kind of Quran now have remained, in due time there were 6. Two copies of the sacred book are in Tashkent: in a museum of Timurid`s history and in the Mui-Muborak madrassah.
In 2007 the new building of a mosque of Hazrati Imom has been erected. It has two minarets by an example of XVI century architecture. In the mosque there is terrace gallery which comprises delightful creation of woodcarvers of different schools. In this complex were delivered exotic trees and flowers from the various countries. During warm season storks walk there and please us with their grace.